Most people associate a new year with a fresh start. One of the best ways to get that fresh start is by clearing out the things you no longer need or want. Starting with your closet! Your closet is one of the first things you see in the morning, I place you cannot avoid. A clean closet will make you feel revived, aside from all the other benefits.
If you are wondering what other benefits clearing out your closet has, here is a list for you!
- Get rid of clothes that don’t make you feel like your best self
- Cuts down the time it takes you to get ready
- Minimizes stress and decision fatigue
- Clears out those closed that could be better used by someone else (giving clothes away can seriously improve someone else’s life)
Clearing out your closet can seem stressful but it does not need to be. Use these simple tips to make the process easier/more enjoyable.
- Make three piles.
- Store away
2. Ask yourself these questions when you can’t decide.
- Does it fit?
- When was the last time I wore this?
- Is it a special piece?
Once you are done, you will feel a huge sense of relief. Now the question of what to do with the clothes I don’t want or need but are still in good condition? Simple answer. DONATE
Here are some of the benefits on donating these items!
- Helps you play your role in minimizing the textile waste problem in America
- Helps people in need
- Helps the environment by reducing greenhouse gases and conserving energy
- Build a culture of generosity